You might notice I've been slacking a little with the blogging. I've been so unmotivated, it's unbelievable. But, it's summer and everyone's taking their tropical vacations or weekend road trips. If they're not doing that, they're purchasing more beauty or clothing items and sharing their shopping hauls (which I enjoy reading, by the way, don't get me wrong, but for someone like myself, it's not practical to always be buying stuff and I just want to think of other stuff to entertain myself with sometimes, you know?) So... I've been having to think of ways to motivate or inspire myself without spending money. Here's some of what I plan to do for the remainder of summer and beyond:
- Figure out camera settings. Some of you may remember I got my first DSLR last year and since then, well, I hate to admit it, but I've been using the "auto" setting more often than not. It's time for me to push all the buttons and see what happens. I'm on a mission to improve my photography skills because it's pretty amazing what cameras can accomplish (so many bloggers have great photography skills and I don't wanna stay behind!)
- Read a good book(s)- and I mean read it. Remember when you were little and could actually get involved with a book for hours almost feeling as if you were taken to a different land? Yeah, that. And thanks to my local library which now has thousands of kindle books to download from home, well, my life just got that much easier.
- Paint something- Again, like the book thing I mentioned above, paint something and actually feel inspired by the whole process. Go out into the country and find a beautiful landscape or whatever you like best. I'm definitely not Van Gogh but I sometimes surprise myself with what I create when I actually put thought and feeling into it. Right now, watercolors are my favorite.
- Bake something and turn it into a handmade recipe book: This is an idea I got from reading the manual that came with my camera- bake or cook your favorite dishes, photograph them as "professionally" as possible, and paste them into a blank book. This is definitely something I would enjoy doing as I'm always instagramming my food anyway. It would be more fun to see how creative I can get with a recipe book of my own. I've also wanted to (eventually) incorporate some recipes into this blog but, we'll see.
- Finish projects that have already been started: I had been wanting to create a picture frame with all the sea glass and beach stones I've accumulated over the past year and finally got around to starting the frame last month. Now, I just need to add the final touches. I like to finish whatever I start.
So there you have it- my "inspiring" to-do list. Really, these aren't amazingly brilliant ideas- they're quite ordinary but the thing is to actually make these ideas a reality. We often get so busy or tired to remember the simple activities that are more inspiring than browsing Twitter or Facebook will ever be. Care to add any other ideas? I'd love to hear 'em!